Sunday, November 06, 2005

My Secret Weapon Against THE COLD

Okay, the color of this font has to be cool because, uh, we're gonna talk about colds.

You know? Sniffles. That hot, crunchy feeling at the back of your throat.

That sweater that sticks in your esophagus each morning and no matter how many times you grate out your best "ahem", you still have phlegm.

Yes loyal readers, I DO have a secret weapon. In fact, I have two of them.

First of all, and well documented, is Cold Fx. It's a pill, you can buy it at many stores including drug stores, and it has as two of its ingredients different extracts of ginseng. Actually does work to lessen the amount of time that you are suffering from a cold.

Next is the real kicker. I discovered it a few years ago and accidentally. The product is not advertised as preventing colds, or even lessening their duration. But for me, it works to prevent any symptoms of a cold from manifesting. In other words, I don't know if I have a cold or not.

The product is a nose spray that I use to alleviate symptoms of allergies (that is what everyone uses it for). It's called fLonAse. Here in Canada, you need a prescription but I have seen it advertised on American TV as if it were an OTC (over the counter) product. During the winter cold season, if I use fLonAse just once a week or even once every two weeks, I do not get colds.

I am not advertising these products. I am not suggesting that YOU use them. I am only saying that for me, they really do work, especially the spray.

Not only are these products my secret weapons, with the spray in my nostril, I am a sniper taking aim at germs. Common colds BEWARE. Be afraid. Be vewwy, vewwy afwaid!!!

No comments: