Saturday, July 13, 2013

I'm Outdoorsy -- I Like to Drink at Outdoor Patios

Yeah, pretty much I hate being outside and allergic. But still...we have this cute little patio that gets summer morning light from about 11am onwards and would be perfect with a 3 piece Bistro set. The problem? Can you guess?

It's that green grunge that accumulates on the cement and outdoor furniture. Ewww.

When I get myself motivated to either use the compressor-thingy to wash it or the 30 seconds stuff, finally we will be able to sit out there and drink. Coffee of course during the day. Wasps and stuff might keep us inside at twilight, though. 

Today we went to visit our friend Rick. We've known him for more than a decade and he's always been such a good guy. He got married last fall--they bought a new house not far from us--and we popped in for coffee this morning to see the final results of all the hard work they contracted out. Painting. Lots of electrical. Some drywall. Many new cabinets. A complete new kitchen and laundry/bathroom on main floor. We were planning on visiting on Friday but Rick's wife works one day per week and this week it was Friday, so Saturday was agreed by all. We narrowed a half hour time window.

They already  had beautiful outdoor shrubs but I thought a good housewarming gift might be an innocuous little and delicate mini rose. Went to the nursery to pick it up on our way. I was pretty sure that Rick's wife might have her own ideas of decorating since I had seen the walls painted in their bare state a couple of weeks ago and they were many shades of taupe. Greyish taupe. 

I was so happy to see another old friend, Dave the water guy, there at Rick's when we arrived. Nice to see him after about 5 years or so. In the meantime he's now married and settled down. Good for him! He looked well and very contented. 

The house? Immaculate. Looks like everything was chosen and placed to perfection by a professional decor diva; even though I know that Rick's wife decorated all on her own. Great job, lady! I wasn't prepared for such perfection. 

I also wasn't prepared for the fact that SHE wasn't even home when we arrived. Especially since ... well, with Bob's illness, we kind of have to plan our outings to coordinate with his health issues. She was out buying plants. Did I  mention that they have enough plants--already in the ground--for about 2 or 3 homes? 

Not sure. Maybe I am just being weird here but I actually felt insulted that she wasn't there.

No comments: