Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tim Hortons or Starbucks ?

Blueberries at School

So last night Anna V called and said the blueberries were in, and she'd deliver them to school today. So the two boxes cost me ten dollars and the gas there and back probably cost almost that much as well. But they ARE sweet: oh, so sweet. Still...they have to be frozen. Even with a little blue jag on I'd have to be crazy to be able to eat that many fresh ones! LOL.

Tim Hortons or Starbucks?

Ever suffer from caffeine withdrawal? Geez, it's a beach! I get headaches that crawl down the back of my neck past my shoulders, then wrap around in front of my ears. Sometimes the pain makes me nauseous and nothing seems to help. Except good, strong coffee. The jolt that makes me so happy! So for the past two days I have been frequenting the TH drive thru at the bottom of the hill behind the gas station. My particular poison? A medium black coffee which I bring back here and do the Coffeemate-Lite thing. Works like a golden charm. The coffee's smooth, the price is right [$1.20] and I love the taste.

So I am looking across the corner at the new construction which will be--promised by Halloween--a new shopping mall. Supposed to have a liquor store, a neighbourhood pub, a big drugstore, and a Starbucks. Very good. But what about Timmy H? If I have to go running out for a coffee for the nth headache next year, will I have to pay $4.00 at Starbucks instead of TH's low price?

I met a lady in line at Safeway the other morning. She was carrying a tall TH coffee. [You KNOW they have in-store Starbucks in Safeway, right?]. Apparently she said she boycotts Starbucks in favor of Tims. I believe her cause was price-related. At school, Jodi supports the TH cause for flavor.

So now Starbucks are in-store in Safeway. Please, Mr. Thrifty or Mr. Fairway, or Mr. Save-on-Foods aka Jimmy Pattison, can't we have an in-store Tim Hortons in other grocery chains? That would bring in MY business!!! Not that I'm complainiing about SB in Safeway. In fact, OF COURSE, I have used it on several occasions. I mean. Come on! This IS the WestCoast after all. LOLOL.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

Unknown said...

Update August 2008

It has been years now that both Starbucks and Timmy H are located less than half a block away.

Starbucks drive through is my mainstay in life. Coffee at TH ... not so much.