Sunday, July 10, 2005

Hi Bev and Phil

Hi Bev and Phil !

Sunday....

Thanks for the great weather today. I'm sure it's your benevolent influence. This looks like a Calgary-day to me.

It was great seeing both of you yesterday and showing you NEW HOUSIE. One of the things I love best about it is the small size of the yard. And the fact that we don't have to do any gardening. LOL. The only thing I don't really appreciate is being on such a busy corner. I have never lived on a busy street before and there is constant traffic day and night. Within 5 years it will be developed into two lanes (which it really does need) so the traffic will effetively double. As Bob says...SOUND BAFFLES.

Zayvin had his Haqq-family reunion last night. It wasn't the best weather but at least it wasn't raining and he could easily have his BBQs going. We're going over there for leftover roti, pelau, and curry something later today. I love roti with channa inside. (Dried, powdered and spiced chick peas. Yum.) It's kinda funny to me that Zayvin had to scatch around to find somebody to make them and pay.

Going to C-Lovers blew the diet for yesterday. We had sushi for dinner and Bob added tinned beans, his all-time fav. Yesterday was a good day for him but he hasn't had too many of those, lately. I am positive that his diabetic meds are "off" and need to be tweaked. Another blood test next weekend for sure. When those shopping centers are developed across the street and down the street from us (supposed to be by October this year) I hope there are some doctors or at least a walk-in clinic. We're getting to the age that we really NEED a family doctor but family medicine is going the other way. The closest family practitioner to us, according to the College of Physicians and Surgeons, is about 10 miles out into the valley. So, yeah.

So it's back to the WW diet for me and hopefully I will be able to recoup yesterday's losses before Thursday night and weigh in time.

I'll try to get a flight for a quick few days. Believe it or not, I have never booked a flight online before and I will have to go through the discovery process on that one. LOL. Hopefully cya around the end of July.

Luv you,

Me.

No comments: