Sunday, July 24, 2005

Just Another Day in Paradise

Supercilious? Who, me? Well, maybe, but we have waited for summer for such a long, long time. And I'm just ITCHING to get me a scooter. Wanna be a scooter-bug, fer sure. LOL.

I never used to understand the pull of the mobile-home grannies association. I'd see these freakin old dudes driving (slow) down the highway and think to myself that I would NEVER be like that, and if I ever even said I wanted one, I admonished myself to SHOOT ME BEFORE I MULTIPLY!!!

I get it, now, finally. Those old fogies were the first instance I saw of age-appropriate networking. They'd travel arround the country, looking for group acceptance among their own kind, which is to say people their age and somewhat-status: retired, carefree, have a few bucks, don't have to make a deadline, and child-free. FREE!

Now that I am fast approaching the age where my peers ARE retiring, it seems like a wonderful life, full of promise and hope. Friendship. New vistas. *sighs*

No comments: