Wednesday, September 28, 2005

How do Zoo do?

Zoo At Home

Sometimes, well no, actually, all the time, I wonder who really lives here?

Is it me and Bobby?

Or is it those four footed wonders Jake the wonder-puppy, Holly the Halloween cat, and Tigger the miscreant?

Take tonight for example. I am taking a short break prior to din din. On the couch, trying to watch the news. First chance I have had to sit down since 5:45AM.

Tigger--on the stairs--is whining his fool head off VERY loudly.

Jake is sitting on me.

Holly is sitting on my chest doing the puddy-paw kneading trick.

I yell at Tigger to "Shut UP". He comes by to investigate. Jake moves up in life: he is now perched on the back of the couch overhanging my neck. Holly takes up Jake's position on my lap.

Then Jake runs to the door and waits expectantly. Whereas other NORMAL dogs bark to go out, Jake just waits by the door. He barks to get back in. Apparently barking is not reciprocal.

It seems that I navigate the house trying to avoid animals. I can't open the door because SOMEBODY might escape. I can't leave my door open because the three of the them would probably fight in the middle of the night, waking me up. I can't have Holly in the room anyway because I am too allergic.

Usually I am stepping over one of them on the stairs. They like to hide and play ankle-biter. (They don't bite me but they lie in wait for each other.)

Every move I make is coordinated in some way to the ebb and flow of pets.

God's gift to mankind, eh? I wonder.

No comments: