Saturday, September 10, 2005

Langley Cruise In + Panavision BBQ

Langley Cruise In

Annual event of much reknown, the Langely Cruise In is held on my street, Fraser Highway, between 200th and about 208th. I was there, early this morning, to attend my regular Saturday morning weigh in @ Weight Watchers. The cars were already lining up, parking, and crowds were gathering.

It's HUGE: I mean HUGE!!! But for us locals, we see it every Friday night here. LOL. (See previous entry "Java Hut Friday Nights").

If there is any make or model of Olde Time car that you have always loved just believe it. It's here. Or if there is any make or model of motorcycle that you just adore, come and check those out, too.

Panavision BBQ

Too bad for Bobby-boy that the annual Panavision staff BBQ/baseball game was being held today, too. He worked all day on his Famous Chili rather than attending the Cruise In. When we lived in Richmond, then Surrey (Strawberry Hill), we always used to love to go to the Cruise In and battle the parking crowds. Now, when it would be so easy just to hop on the chopper for 5 blocks...guess who is today in Richmond all day and all night? LOL.

Bob just loves the staff BBQ and he eagerly anticipates it each year. He's so keen. If there is one thing that he really, truly looks forward to, it's that BBQ. I know he wishes I would go with him, but NOT. Too much shop talk for me, even though his workmates are a very nice group. I really like talking to Kim and Bentley. Sarah is always pretty funny, too. Especially after a couple of beer. Viktor is super nice, but he's away to his homeland for a vacation. Ian wasn't there either of the two times that I went and they're the ones that I am familiar with. Josef I haven't ever really talked to and I'm not sure if he's a BBQ-guy or not.

But, ya know. I don't think Bob would in any way enjoy any of my staff "do's" and it's kind of a reciprocal agreement.

~~*Myst*~~

No comments: